Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Look of Love
















Happy Valentines Day! This holiday tends to polarize more than any other since it has come to symbolize material things over emotional, but I thought we could try to bring it back to its humble intent: to honor our loved ones. Describing love is as abstract an idea as defining art. You know how they say a picture is worth 1,000 words? Well, I like to think I'm pretty handy with words but what I really know is pictures and while I still haven't figured out how to write about love, I can at least show you what it might look like. Enjoy.

kisses,
Ashley

Marc Chagall
































Nan Goldin































Frida Kahlo




































Paul Klee


















Toulouse Lautrec














Diane Arbus

No comments: