Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Eye Candy: Raelux













I don't know if you know this, but "I Make Picture" is not just some clever title. I (Ashley) actually MAKE picture(s). This weekend I am photographing Raelux, songstress and badass chick extraordinaire. While I cannot divulge the details of our upcoming shoot (we'll share the pictures with you at a later date!), I have decided that this would be the perfect subject of the blog's newest segment: Eye Candy. Eye Candy will feature my latest visual inspirations whether they be in terms of work I'm doing, personal style, or just good old fashioned...well, eye candy.

Right now I'm getting really inspired by these stills from and old video "Comic Strip" from Brigitte Bardot and Serge Gainsbourg. Brigitte is disguised as a dark, mysterious, sexy action figure amid a pop art backdrop. What more inspiration do you need? Oh, and plus her eye liner and hairdo's are a constant source of envy ;) Oh, the swingin' 1960's!

























Other inspiration for the shoot comes from the whimsical, magical style of Bat for Lashes frontwoman Natasha Khan and the fierceness and hard-edged glamour of the one-and-only Karen O of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.


























Wish us luck (and no rain!) for this weekend, and please check out all things Raelux at www.raeluxmusic.com for updates and more! Enjoy the occular pleasures. :)

No comments: