Friday, February 6, 2009

Sweet Lullabies

Karin Balke (Missoula, MT), one of the best people I know AND mother of my "niece," Ella, sent us her meaningful, nostalgic song list for her answer to Assignment #4: My Mixed Tape. Karin created her playlist by revisiting memories of her own childhood, adolescence, awkward romantic encounters, true love, and finally her new experience of motherhood. So sweet. Love you, Mama!

1. "Brahms' Lullaby" By Johannes Brahms Birth

2. "C is for Cookie" By Cookie Monster Growing Up

3. "Step by Step" By NKOTB This was the first Cd I had ever owned, got it for my b-day... I asked my mother if she got me the tape, she said no. :)

4. "Deep, Deep, Trouble" By The Simpsons I used to listen to this quietly in my room because it said, "Well you're damned if you do and you're damed if you don't" and I did not want to get in trouble.

5. "Forever in Blue Jeans" By Neil Diamond and "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" By John Denver These two songs sum up road trippin with my parents...

6. "Unbelievable" By EMF The first boy who I kissed kissed gave me a tape of this song... It was a HORRIBLE kiss.

7. "Enter Sandman" By Metalica Welcome to 6th Grade...

8. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" By Nirvana Welcome to 7th/8th Grade...

9. "Dancing Nancies" By Dave Matthews Band One song cannot really show my love for DMB, but my 30 or so ticket stubs might...

10. "Jessica" By The Allman Brothers Ahhh sweet beginning of college...

11. "Me and Bobby Mcgee" By Janis Joplin Middle of college...

12. "For Once In My Life" By Stevie Wonder Middle to End of college...

13. "Better Together" By Jack Johnson My wedding song...

14. "Annie's Song" By John Denver This song sums up how I feel about my husband Kyle...

15. "Hold You In My Arms" By Ray Lamontange The Birth of my baby girl Ella... first song played in the hospital...

16. "Brahms' Lullaby" By Johannes Brahms And here we are back again... Ella hears this about once a day...

No comments: