Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Boys Boys Boys...
















Some of our favorite ones have been digging into the ol' memory banks to create playlists for Assignment #4: My Mixed Tape. Since I've got a new review coming up just around the bend, I thought I'd do a combo post with the mixed tapes of Nick McPhail (L.A.), Daniel Jakoubek (a San Francisco treat), and underwear model extraordinaire Eric Carlson (L.A.). All these dudes take music VERY seriously so read on and enjoy their picks. Thanks, boys.
(photo by the ever-amazing Daniel J.)

Nick McPhail


10. "Brand New Start," Little Joy
9. "Your Little Hoodrat Friend," The Hold Steady
8. "Apostaolic," Loose Fur
7. "Louisiana," The Walkmen
6. "No One Called You a Failure," The Kamikaze Hearts
5. "Passenger Side," Wilco
4. "It Beats 4 U," My Morning Jacket
3. "Everything Hits At Once," Spoon
2. "Like I Needed," Rogue Wave
1. "Postcards from Italy," Beirut

Daniel Jakoubek

Five Albums That Have Informed My Thesis Project

1. Jesu - Silver
2. Sunn O))) & Boris - Altar
3. Jesu - Conqueror
4. These Arms Are Snakes - Tail Swallower and Dove
5. Mew - And The Glass Handed Kites

Eric Carlson

Superdrag - Sucked Out (history class)
Violent Femmes - American Music
Against Me! - Baby, I'm an Anarchist (punk house)
Pixies - Debaser (split tape with nirvana, 1997)
Metallica - Battery
Bad Brains - Pay to Cum
The Clash - Lost in the Supermarket
The Dead Milkmen - Tiny Town
Dick Dale - Let's Go Trippin' (beach)
The Hold Steady - Party Pit (jobs...)
Islands - Rough Gem (bikes!)
Minor Threat - Minor Threat ("play it faster")
Smashing Pumpkins - Muzzle
Tiffany - I Think We're Alone Now (dancing with babes)

No comments: