Wednesday, February 11, 2009
We're loving the influx of projects for Assignment #4: My Mixed Tape! Thanks to everyone who traveled down memory lane for the occasion. Kind of a nice trip, didn't you think? If you still want to add your playlist, send it over a.s.a.p. since I'm going to be posting a new assignment/review VERY soon!
In the meantime, here's Jessica Shires' (Somerville, MA) song selections that reference everything from the tunes she belted out with her sisters while making Barbie villages in garages and creating music videos, to a brief hip-hop moment in early teenage years, to the song she (recently) walked down the aisle to as she married the man of her dreams :). Now, I can't tell you which is which! We have to leave at least some things to mystery! Thanks, Jessie!!!
1. Crowded House, "Don't Dream It's Over"
2. Shakespeare's Sister, "Stay"
3. R.E.M., "Begin the Begin"
4. Eric B. & Rakim, "Paid In Full"
5. This Mortal Coil, "Another Day"
6. Coil, "Teenage Lightning"
7. Wire, "Ex Lion Tamer"
8. Laika, "Uneasy"
9. The Fall, "I Feel Voxish"
10. Low, "Over the Ocean"
11. Stereo Total, "In/Out"
12. Francoise Hardy, "Comment te dire adieu"
13. Piero Umiliani, "Essere Donna"
14. Dusty Springfield, "The Look of Love"